Does your home look ready for Halloween without putting up any decorations?
Are you afraid of these eight-legged creatures creeping and crawling around?
Here are some helpful tips to avoid spiders from occupying your home
- Keep garden waste away from the house’s perimeter to discourage spiders from crawling into the house. Spiders often hangout in leaves, grass clippings, wood piles, empty boxes and containers, etc.
- Remove webs with a broom as soon as you see them to discourage the spider from returning.
- Vacuum baseboards and other cracks and door frames within the home to keep clean and disturb any possible spider habitat.
- Seal cracks with silicone caulk around your windows, doors, or along home foundation. Spiders tend to sneak in through various cracks and openings.
- Spiders don’t like citrus smell. Try rubbing lemon peels around the window and door frames or spray a mixture of equal parts of water and lemon juice on expose crack, door frames, and window frames. Even lemon scented furniture polish can deter spiders away.
- Spiders also hate peppermint. Try a solution of peppermint oil and water to spray along frames, cracks, and baseboards as well. Reapply every few days.
Hopefully these tips can help you avoid or minimize spiders from occupying your home.